Family Tasks is owned and operated by ExploLab.
Effective Date: September 1, 2019.
If you have any additional privacy or security questions after reading this information, please contact us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below.
What kind of information does Family Tasks collect from me?
We collect and store the following information:
Information You Give Us.
We collect and store the information you give to us when you are using our Service, including the first names of family members, tasks as well as information you provide when you register an account, update your profile, access our content, make a purchase, participate in a sweepstakes, contest, survey, or other promotion (“Promotion”), contact customer support, or apply for a job. We may use Service Providers (defined below) to collect this information.
The information we store includes information that identifies you personally (whether alone or in combination). Some examples of information we collect if you provide it to us include:
- Contact Data. We store your first name, household name, e-mail address, and other similar contact data.
- We store passwords and similar security information for authentication and account access.
- Demographic Data. We store demographic information such as your country.
- Payment Data. We store data necessary to process your payment if you provide us with any payment information related to the Service, e.g., if you subscribe to Family Tasks from our website, we will ask for your credit card information, which will be processed directly by a Company Affiliate or a Service Provider, as each are defined below. We do not store your credit card number.
- Profile Data. We store your username, family photo, and other profile data.
- Tasks. We collect any information that you add to your Tasks, including sensitive information such as medications, book or video titles, or other personal products, financial, medical, and children’s information, and personal reminders, only while these items are visible to you in your list. We do not store Tasks history.
- Content. We store the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write, or questions and information you provide to customer support.
- Resume Data. We store data as necessary to consider you for a job opening if you submit an application to us, such as your employment history, transcript, writing samples, and references.
You may choose to voluntarily submit other information to us through the Service that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
Information Collected Automatically.
We automatically collect information from and about your use of the Service and the devices you use to access the Service. This includes things like IP addresses, the type of browser and device you use, the web page you visited before coming to our Service, and information about the advertisements you view and the links you click on. Your devices (depending on your settings) may also transmit location information and/or an advertising identifier to the Service. Some examples of information we collect include the following:
- Service Use Data. We collect data about the features you use, the pages you visit, the e-mails from us and advertisements you view, the products you purchase from us, the time of day you browse, your referring and exiting pages, and other similar information.
- Device Connectivity and Configuration Data. We collect data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and other similar information. This data may also include IP address, MAC address, device advertising Id (e.g., IDFA or AAID), and other device identifiers.
We use various current – and later – developed technologies to collect this information (“Tracking Technologies”), including the following:
- Log Files. A log file is a file that records events that occur in connection with your use of the Service, such as your service use data. Data in log files is not personally identifiable.
- Cookies. A cookie is a small data file stored on your device that acts as a unique tag to identify your browser. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Service and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience, remembering your preferences, and supporting security features. Additionally, persistent cookies allow us to bring you advertising both on and off the Service. Persistent cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and generally may be controlled through your browser settings.
- App Technologies. There are a variety of tracking technologies that may be included in our apps, and these are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. For example, our apps may include third party SDKs, which is code that sends information about your use to a server, and is in effect the app version of a pixel. These SDKs allow us track our conversions, bring you advertising both on and off the Service, and provide you with additional functionality.
- Location-Identifying Technologies. GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, and other location-aware technologies may be used to collect precise location data when you enable location-based services through your device. Location data may be used for purposes such as verifying your device’s location and delivering or restricting relevant content and advertising based on that location.
Some information about your use of the Service and certain Third Party Services (defined below) may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services and used by us and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use, and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Service and certain Third Party Services.
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your rights and choices regarding them, see the sections entitled “Third Parties” and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Information from Other Sources.
- Data brokers from which we purchase demographic data to supplement the data we collect.
- Social networks when you reference our Service or grant permission to Family Tasks to access your data on one or more of these services.
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities.
For further information on Third Party Services, see the section entitled “Third Parties” below.
What does Family Tasks do with my information?
We use the information we collect to provide, personalize, improve, offer, and protect our Service. If you contact Family Tasks, we may use your information to provide customer support to you. We may use your email address to communicate with you, for example, to inform you when a subscription is ending.
Some of our legitimate interests that we use information about you for include to:
- Manage our Service, including your registration and account.
- Perform services requested by you, such as to respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service.
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages.
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities.
- Conduct research, including focus groups and surveys.
- Improve the Service or other Family Tasks websites, apps, marketing efforts, products and services.
- Develop and send you direct marketing, including advertisements and communications about our and third party products, offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services.
We also use information about you with your consent, including to:
- Provide you with the ability to use Tasks and other functionality for matters that, if you send it to us, may include your highly sensitive data. By using these functions for this kind of highly sensitive data, you give us your affirmative consent for the processing of such data for the sole purpose of providing you with that functionality.
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with Promotions you have entered.
- Serve advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and Third Party Services if you have consented to receive personalized advertising.
- Fulfill any other purpose disclosed to you and with your consent.
We may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been de-identified) without obligation to you except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use your information, please see the section entitled “Your Rights and Choices” below.
With whom does Family Tasks share my information?
WE UNDERSTAND YOUR FAMILY’S INFORMATION IS VERY IMPORTANT TO YOU. We do not sell your personal information, and we do not share your personal information with third parties, except as described in this Policy.
We share information about you as follows:
- For legal reasons. We may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with the law or in response to a law enforcement agency’s request; (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of Family Tasks or our users; or (d) protect Family Tasks’s property rights.
- Promotions. Our Promotions may be jointly sponsored or offered by third parties. If you voluntarily choose to enter a Promotion, we may share your information with third parties a set forth in the official rules that govern the Promotion as well as for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering a Promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that Promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other parties to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
- Third Parties. We may share your information with third parties for purposes of facilitating your requests and in connection with tailoring advertisements (such as third party offers related to your Shopping Lists), measuring and improving our Service and advertising effectiveness, and enabling other enhancements.
- Consent. We may share your information for any other purpose disclosed to you and with your consent or at your direction (e.g., if you use our Journal feature to share pictures, quotes, stories, or other content with your household members or if you instruct Family Tasks to automatically send a monthly email with your photos and memories to individuals you select).
Without limiting the foregoing, in our sole discretion, we may share aggregated information which does not identify you or de-identified information about you with third parties or affiliates for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share your information, please see the section entitled “Your Rights and Choices” below.
If you make information public through our Service, other people will have access to it. Please think carefully before making information public as you are solely responsible for any information you make public. Once you have posted information, you may not be able to edit or delete such information; however, California residents and data subjects in Europe have additional rights as set forth in “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Third Party Services.
Third Party Features.
- Liking and Sharing. We may embed a pixel or SDK on our Service that allows you to “like” or “share” content on Third Party Services, including social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. If you choose to engage with such a Third Party Service through our Service or visit our Service while logged in to that Third Party Service on your device, the Third Party Service may receive information about your activities on our Service and be able to associate that information with information the Third Party Service already has about you.
Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising.
If you are a Family Tasks subscriber, your experience on the Family Tasks app will be ad-free.
Our Service contains Tracking Technologies owned and operated by Third Parties. For example, we use Tracking Technologies from third party analytics provides, such as Google Analytics, to help us analyze your use of the Service, compile statistic reports on the Service’s activity, and provide us with other services relating to Service activity and internet usage. We also work with ad serving services, advertisers, and other third parties, such as Google Doubleclick for Publishers, to serve advertisements on the Service and/or on Third Party Services. These third parties may use Tracking Technologies on our Service and Third Party Services (including in e-mails and advertisements) to track your activities across time and services for purposes of associating the different devices you use, and delivering relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Service and Third Party Services or third party devices after you have left the Service (“Interest-based Advertising”).
We may serve ads on Third Party Services, such as Facebook and Google, which are targeted to reach people (or similar people) on those services that have visited our Service or that are also identified in one of more of our databases (“Matched Ads”). This is done by matching common factors between our data and the data of Third Party Services. When we use Facebook Custom Audiences to serve Matched Ads on Facebook services, you should be able to hover over the box in the right corner of such a Facebook ad and find out how to opt-out. We are not responsible for such Third Party Services’ failure to comply with your opt-out instructions.
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your rights and choices regarding them, please see the sections entitled “Information Collected Automatically” above and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Your Rights and Choices.
How do I access or correct my information collected by Family Tasks?
As a Family Tasks user, you have the opportunity to review and modify your information and your private content any time you log onto your Family Tasks account using an email address and password listed on the account. You may also access, update, or remove certain account information that you have voluntarily submitted to us through the Service by visiting the My Account page and selecting the appropriate link. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. California residents and data subjects in Europe have additional rights as set forth in the sections entitled “Your California Privacy Rights” and “Your European Privacy Rights” below.
How do I delete my data?
We retain your personal data while your account is in existence or as needed to provide you Services. This includes data you or others provided to us and data generated or inferred from your use of our Services. If you want to delete an account, please visit Family Tasks’s My Account page. Once an account is deleted, all data for everyone included in the account will be permanently erased, and cannot be recovered.
Tracking Technology Choices.
- Cookies and Pixels.We use technologies like cookies and pixel tags to provide, improve, protect and promote our Services. For example, cookies help us with things like remembering your account for your next visit, understanding how you are interacting with our Services, and improving them based on that information. Cookies can also be used to target advertisements to you. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the Services.
- App Technologies. You can reset your device advertising Id at any time through your device settings, which is designed to allow you to limit the use of information collected about you. For information on how to do this on Apple devices, visit Apple.com or https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202074. For information on how to do this on Android devices, visit Google.com. You can stop all collection of information via an app by uninstalling the app.
- Location-Identifying Technologies. The location data collected through an app depends on your device settings and app permissions. You can exercise choice over the location data collected through our apps by (i) for GPS data, disabling location in your device settings or disabling location permissions to that app; (ii) for Bluetooth data, disabling Bluetooth and any Bluetooth scanning option in your device settings; or (iii) for WiFi data, disabling WiFi and any WiFi scanning option in your device settings. You can stop collection of all location data via an app by uninstalling the app.
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove Tracking Technologies some parts of the Service may not function correctly.
Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising.
If you are a Family Tasks subscriber, your experience on the Family Tasks app will be ad-free.
You can opt-out of your data being used by Google Analytics through cookies by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Some of the third parties that collect information from or about you on the Service in order to provide more relevant advertising to you participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. This program offers a centralized location where users can make choices about the use of their information for online behavioral advertising. To learn more about the DAA and your opt-out options for their members, please visit (i) for website opt-out, http://www.aboutads.info/choices; and (ii) for mobile app opt-out, http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. In addition, some of these third parties may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. You can learn more about your EU Online Choices here. Please note that if you opt-out of online behavioral advertising using any of these methods, the opt-out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt-out. Further, opting-out only means that the selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-based Advertising to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). We are not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
You may also limit our use of information collected from or about your mobile device for purposes of serving online behavioral advertising to you by going to your device settings and selecting “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (for Android devices).
- E-mails. You can opt-out of receiving promotional e-mails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in e-mails to click on the unsubscribe link. You can opt-out of receiving non-promotional service e-mails such as reminders and agendas by visiting your Family Settings. Please note that you cannot opt-out of certain non-promotional e-mails, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or Family Tasks’s ongoing business relations.
- Push Notifications. If you have opted-in to receive push notification on your device, you can opt-out at any time by adjusting your notification preferences in your Family Settings, or by uninstalling our app.
Please note that your opt-out is limited to the e-mail address and device used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
Unlinking Your Accounts.
How does Family Tasks protect my children’s information?
Family Tasks will never knowingly request information or private content from anyone under the age of 13 and does not knowingly collect personal information as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA. In order to register and create a Family Tasks account you must be 18 years of age or older. You may, at any time, direct Family Tasks to delete all identifiable information regarding you or your family that you have provided or that has been collected from your family. To do so, please contact our Privacy Officer at the contact information below in the section entitled “Contact Us.” However, if you do any of the foregoing, you and your family will not be able to use the Family Tasks account or our Services. If you are a parent or guardian and believe Family Tasks has collected information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, please contact us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below, and we will remove such data to the extent required by COPPA.
How does Family Tasks maintain security?
Family Tasks uses industry standard methods of securing user information and data. Examples of our security measures include, where appropriate, firewalls, virtual private networks, encryption, and anonymization. We also maintain strict limits on who at Family Tasks and at our parent corporation ExploLab can access the information databases that contain your information. Since there is no such thing as perfect security over the Internet, we cannot guarantee 100% security. However, in the unlikely case of a security breach on our databases, we will take immediate steps to resolve the problem swiftly and effectively.
What happens if I want to forward my Family Tasks information to a friend?
If you use one of the Family Tasks features designed to allow you to voluntarily forward or share your information or content with family or friends outside of your secure account, we will forward or share access to such content from your account to your friend’s email address as you provided it to us. Such email address may be stored by Family Tasks for your future use but will not be used by Family Tasks to initiate any emails. By sharing your content, you automatically limit Family Tasks’s ability to keep your content private. We recommend that you do this only with trusted friends and family.
Postal Mail Address:
Family Tasks, EXPLOLAB
8 passage Brulon
75012 Paris, France
Attention: Privacy Officer
Your California Privacy Rights: Notice to California Residents
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents and who have provided Family Tasks with “personal information” (as that term is defined in Section 1798.83) to request certain information about the disclosure of that information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident with questions regarding this, please contact us by mail at the address listed above.
Any California residents under the age of eighteen (18) who have registered to use the Service and posted content or information on the Service, can request that such information be removed from the Service by visiting www.familytasks.io/contact-us/. and requesting assistance. Requests must state that the user personally posted such content or information and detail where the content or information is posted. We will make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view.